Thursday, April 28, 2011

Continuation to last post

... I noticed that my mandalas were sophisticated from my artistic training, but possessed a childlike quality. Personally, I believe this is a sign of why I started being an artist in the first place. The passion to create beauty, the process of creating art, and loving what I create. Today, a lot of the original reasons people became artists are lost, because of the pressure to be a certain kind of artist. It is preached to us students that we cannot make something because it looks appealing, or it another similar reason, so we no longer explore what originally drove us to Art.
Through these mandalas I was able to tap into that inner artist, where that deep passion and love for creativity comes from that I haven't been able to visit for quite some time.
This process has created an escape for me. A wonderful, beautiful, needed, escape. Since I am still pressured to be conceptual only, I can always count of the meditation and the creation of mandalas to keep me balanced and still be connected with the artist I originally was. It is such a refreshing feeling to know that I still have a love for creativity.
This journey has meant so much to me because it has allowed me to get very personal and very real about what is going on with my art and my life. Just like any of therapy, mandalas are a great way for me to let it all out. I also believe that if you have a passion for something, no matter what it is, meditation will help you relive the journey of how you got to where you are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment